Foreword: What do you get when you take staff in an eroge team and shuffle them around?
Something like this game.
Flat out, no.
Horrible design on Hibiki Work’s part, and despite some of the better ratings by other players, I will have to rate this game as pretty much one of the worst games I’ve ever come across.
Yes, I know a certain person warned me not to finish it, but I just didn’t feel like dropping a game midway, and I was almost finished with it anyways. Albeit, I didn’t get all the available CG (because I didn’t use a walkthrough), but I still want to argue that I finished this game (while cringing from how bad it was)
If you haven’t noticed. I have a strange masochistic side of me when it comes to eroge.
Oh, and because this game was so bad, I’m not even going to add CGs or tags to this one. Just plain text because that’s what it deserves.
Title: Pretty x Cation
Producers: Hibiki Works
Release Date: April 25, 2014
VNDB Link: http://vndb.org/v14005
Summary: Our protagonist is a countryboy who moves to the city, aka Tokyo. He’s going to live in his in the apartment run by his aunt, and it’s his first time living alone.
From day one after his arrival, he spies various girls who he finds very attractive, and as his aunt pushes him to make a girlfriend, perhaps that might be what he will do.
Story Length: Moderate (20 hours)
Complete Story Clearing Difficulty: Relatively difficult
Comments: The difficulty only stems from the fact that you need specific items (or specific stats) within each route. Use a walkthrough and you should be fine
Character Design Rating: 2/10
Story Rating: 0/10
Game Quality: Low
Overall Rating: 1/10
Rating Comments: A complete waste of time, the story receives absolute lowest score for not containing ANY of the “good factors” I would look for in an eroge. Character design is a little better (still crap), and the only worthwhile mention of this game is the unique “stat” system that really doesn’t make too much difference in the end.
Sexual Content: High
Comments: So I’m going to actually spend several minutes listing out some of the horrible things about this game. Ready for it?
1) They got so lazy, to the point subcharacters don’t even have a damn sprite. You voice them but not give them even a static sprite? Wow.
2) Story is horribly incomplete and ends abruptly after a series of H-scenes.
3) No Transitions. Story flow is very slow and choppy, almost as if you can see the scenes as “blocks” placed right next to each other with a gap in the middle. Protip: fade out and fade in is NOT a good transition.
4) “Convenient” coincidence. You literally have to stalk the girls, yet the story makes it seem as if it was coincidence
5) No quality humor. Yeah, pretty straightforward. I wasn’t even laughing at most of the comical scenes.
6) Sorry Leiche. Your accent is annoying. Trust me on this. I’ve seen Russians speaking Japanese, and Leiche’s accent is HEAVILY exaggerated. Considering how she knows various words that normal foreigners will not, it’s bullcrap that her accent is so exaggerated. Obviously, I didn’t “grow into” this.
7) Heroines very bland and boring. I’m sure others will agree with me.
8) Dating Sim? More like a spend-a-week-or-two-with-a-random-girl-who-falls-in-love-with-you-for-no-reason-and-you-get-into-her-skirt storyline (No joke: all four routes are like that)
Some might even argue that the protagonist and heroine had something in common (Sakura-movies; Nozomi-games; Leiche-Japanese History; Komachi-previous background), but that gets thrown out the window even before the characters become lovers.
Affection for the Characters: None
CG Score: 4/10. CG isn’t too bad, but considering how over 60% of the CG is HCG, I’m really tempted to label this as a “nukige” instead. (Which I did, lel)
Music Score: 3/10. No variation with the music drops the score significantly.
Conclusion: Oh-so-horrible game from Hibiki Works, which doesn’t do well to improve my impression on LxC2, which has been recommended by the same person who warned me about this title.
Yeah, this is a game you should really just play like a nukige.
Well, time to trash this game and move onto the next