How much do you know about Eroge, Galge, or Visual Novels?
If you remember a well-known title called “Kaminomi Shiru Sekai”, you’ll remember that Keima always had his PFP and galge with him at all times.
In reality, players like me enjoy weekly releases as they are produced, just how Keima enjoys his galge. It’s not an exaggeration as I admit that I was compared to him multiple times.
But in addition, it’s definitely a fact that not many players are familiar with exactly what “galge” is, despite having a general idea of what it is. Instead, they are more focused on what we commonly refer to as “anime”. The biggest obstacle is the language barrier, and also one of the major reasons why anime is even popular outside of Japan. I mean, how do you expect your audiance to like SAO, Shingeki, etc… if they didn’t know what the hell the characters were talking about?
Same with galge. Over 99% of the non-Japanese population do not have access to these visual novels and must heavily rely on translators in addition to the dangers of coming across bad games that only waste your time. If they had any access, it’s the translated novels that occasionally pop up due to long and strenuous efforts from a group of translators.
I create this blog in hopes to bring some readers to realization that eroge and visual novels are not for just fapping or eyecandy: they’re just like regular series of anime that have a plot and, quite often, heartwarming stories. I also dedicate this blog to deliver the most descriptive reviews for the general population, so…
- The General Population can see my passion and dedication for this field of hobby
- The players who are wishing to seek information receives it
- I spark interest in those remotely interested in this kind of entertainment to learn Japanese for themselves
- Assist others in deciding “What games to play”
- Overthrow the baseless opinions players make both on sites like VNDB and EGS (Erogamescape)
This review site is designed in a casual manner, but all posts have detailed, fixed information, which includes my own personal summaries, ratings, and comments. Everything presented on this site is my own words; none of it has been taken from another source without me referring to it.
In addition, since I use the free version of WordPress for the most limited features, I also expect no compensation for my efforts, nor do I aim to “show off” my site to anyone else. For this purpose, WordPress may display ads and crap, but I hope that’s not my fault.
It is my strong wish that with my review site, I encourage other players to start enjoying eroge as well. Eroge is fun. Eroge is pleasing. Eroge can be more than just a “porn game”. I started playing from when I was 16 (Yes, I know I wasn’t supposed to have this stuff for two more years), and am going strong today; many of my reviews involve titles that are new releases.
Because my purpose is to encourage the playing of eroge, I try my hardest not to give out the more detailed information or also known as “spoilers”. However, much of reviewing is the presentation of the story in words, so I warn readers in advance that many of these posts will contain information which can be considered spoilers to some individuals. While a small amount will be present in each review, my main goal with each and every post is to make the reader think one of the two things: “Huh, this game looks interesting… I want to play it!” or “Wow, this game looks horrible. Thank goodness I saw this before wasting my time playing it.”
Despite this, my goal has changed slightly. While my desire to spread information about the game is still intact, I now dedicate this blog mostly for myself, who come across hundreds of games each year which I play, and may even forget. Please do take this as an excuse for even beginning to start this site, or including spoilers in many of the posts.
By coming onto this site and viewing information at no cost, you automatically agree to the following rules and assumptions.
- All material presented on this site is NOT copyrighted. Despite the games being a commercial product themselves, I do not host them in any way, nor will I host them in public without specific permission from the original author. I take no credit from anything on my site except for the content that I publish.
- If you want download links, go to anime-sharing or nyaa.se for P2P. Do NOT ask them here.
- This site, despite a “review site” for material rated 18 and up, is rated PG-13. So please keep it that way. Suggestive language is acceptable only to a minimal extent, and I am under the jurisdiction of this “rule” as well.
- This site is completely non-profit, but WordPress will sometimes host small ads as a part of their Terms of Service.
- You are completely free to use any part of this site material for ONLY your own personal use. Images are hosted on imgur and not my property–I only upload them. Any “review” that you (reader) may want to report on a different location must at least reference the original post.
- Any suggestions, personal messages/questions, and flames (lol) should be sent to my inbox, not the comments section. Placing them on my posts is either rude or an invasion of privacy, and will be immediately removed.
- Please keep comments on topic of the respective posts. I reserve all the right as admin of this site to remove comments at my discretion.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at “firstname.lastname@example.org“.
-My Personal Welcome-
I strongly urge you to take a quick look at my posts. Despite being dedicated for my own selfish desires, it is my hope that you can benefit from the words that I type. Aside from this, I am open to constructive criticisms and suggestions, which I take heartily as an email. It is my hope that if this is the first time visiting my site, you leave having learnt something, wanting to come back, or simply laugh at some of my jokes and rants.
Please do enjoy your stay, and thank you for visiting my blog!